I hope everyone had an amazing time celebrating the Christmas holidays and bringing in the New Year… I know I did!
The past couple weeks have been crazy so I hadn’t planned what I would write as my first blog post for 2018… so sharing a few of my favourite memories from 2017 and my goals for 2018 would probably be the best way to begin!
Lets start with January …
1. Beginning the year at my first professional job as an Events Manager after graduating from university. Although my time at METCO Global was short (due to deciding to move to the US), I learned so much from working there and had the chance to visit Dubai, which is somewhere I’ve always wanted to go!
2. Being a Miss Wales finalist was another favourite memory of mine from 2017. Not only the actual final, but between January and April of 2017 I took part in so many special events and raised a lot of money for charity which is something I am very proud of! Placing second runner up was obviously a bonus achievement😉
3. This is bar far my most favourite memory of 2017… on May 27th 2017 Sean asked me to marry him and of course… I said YES! How Sean asked me deserves a post of its own, which I will share soon, I promise!
4. Vegas with the girls! The last girls trip I went on I was 17 and it was a bit of a disaster. Although we made some amazing memories, four 17 year olds in Marbella wasn’t the greatest idea. Even though I’ve been on a few trip with friends since then, this is the first big girls trip. Eight of us in Las Vegas… we made some amazing memories! We also made some not so amazing memories which I MIGHT share at a later date…
5. Shooting with Tim Bishop Studios and seeing images like these of myself🙈…
6. Walking the Miss Universe Great Britain stage… in a bikini!😳 This isn’t something I would have seen myself doing at the beginning of last year! With the help of my amazing personal trainer, Lucy at Liberty Fit, I got into the best shape I have ever been in and gained the confidence to walk alongside so many other beautiful women with incredible bodies.
7. A trip to Amsterdam is something I’ve wanted to do for so so long and I finally got to go in November thanks for my amazing fiancé! We spent most of our time walking around the city which I loved as we got to see all the cute houses and canals that we would have missed if we had got the tram everywhere! I would 100% recommend a trip to Amsterdam if you haven’t been yet… especially my friends in the UK as the flight was just £70 and only took an hour!
8. Sean and I got to spend our first Christmas together and were lucky enough to have both of our families around to celebrate with us. We ate A LOT, drank A LOT and we’re very very spoiled (especially me🙋🏼🙊)!
Here’s a few pics from the holidays…
9. And finally… I brought in the new year with my amazing fiancé and said goodbye to 2017 with the best possible news… our visa petition being approved! I am now one step closer to finally moving over to NY🇺🇸 Now we are just waiting for me to be called for my interview back in London.
2017 was one of my favourite years yet and it’s looking like 2018 is about to be another! Here are a few goals I have set myself to focus on throughout 2018…
1. Obviously, I’m going to go with the same old… get back into shape🤦🏼♀️ After a very VERY relaxed couple of months, my winter body is in full form! So it’s time to start working on my summer body… again!🙄
2. Get back to reading!
I haven’t read a book in a while and I figured with all the spare time I have at the moment I might as well keep my brain sharp!
I have read the first of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy, so I’m going to start with the second… the Girl who Played with Fire 🔥
3. Find a job!
As you may know, I have been out of work since July 2017 to allow me to spend time here in NY. As much as I know I shouldn’t be complaining about NOT working, it has been soooo weird for me not making my own money and doing my own thing. I am so excited to finally be able to get back to doing what I do best! Every now and then I take a look at the jobs that are going for event managers in NY, and there’s definitely no shortage of them. Hopefully, once my visa is fully approved, I will be able to find something quickly! Although, I am going to be a little picky as I want to make sure that I find a job I’m going to love.
4. Make a conscious effort to keep in touch with family and friends in the UK 🇬🇧
It can sometimes be difficult, with the five hour time difference, to keep in touch with everyone back in the UK. So another one of my goals for this year is to make sure I don’t lose contact with my family and friends on the other side of the pond.
5. Save and plan for our big day!👰🏼🤵🏼
Obviously, I am unable to start saving anything myself until I get a job, but I can start planning!!! Which I have actually started after one of my best friends bought me the cutest wedding planner as a Christmas gift! And of course, I can always start trying on dresses!!👰🏼
Let’s see what 2018 has in store for us …